Medtech Insight is part of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

AACC conference line-up - Avanti Polar Lipids

This article was originally published in Clinica

Executive Summary

US biotechnology company Avanti Polar Lipids has produced a phospholipid-based VDRL antigen for detecting syphilis which it claims is more sensitive than current VDRL antigens. In an independent test of sera from 100 reactive patients, 88% of sera showed higher reactivity with Avanti's antigen than with another commercially available VDRL antigen. The remaining 12% of sera had the same activity with both antigens tested, said the Alabaster, Alabama-based company.

You may also be interested in...



Finance Watch: Silverback, Kinnate, Sigilon Launch December’s First IPOs

Public Company Edition: Lixte’s small uplisting was the only biopharma initial public offering in the US during Thanksgiving week, but IPOs are ramping up again. Also, LifeSci launched its second SPAC and in follow-on offerings Reata brought in $281m and Intellia grossed $175m.

BioCryst’s Oral Option To Take On Injectables In HAE Prophylaxis Market

Orladeyo is the first oral prophylactic approved in the US for hereditary angioedema, with Japan and EU approvals expected to follow. Pricing of $485,000 a year undercuts segment leader.

STRENGTH Results May Weaken Chances For Omega-3 Fatty Acid Heart Health Claims

Results of Study to Assess Statin Residual Risk with Epanova in High Cardiovascular Risk Patients with Hypertriglyceridemia “should prompt reconsideration of [OTC] mixed omega-3 fatty acid products for [atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease] prevention,” say cardiologists in an editorial published with JAMA study.

Topics

UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

LL1134940

Ask The Analyst

Ask the Analyst is free for subscribers.  Submit your question and one of our analysts will be in touch.

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel