Japanese court reaches deal over contamination:
This article was originally published in Clinica
Over 200 people infected with HIV from contaminated blood could be awarded ¥5 million ($450,000) each, a Japanese court has ruled. Legal proceedings were brought in 1989 by 220 victims of contaminated blood imported from the US. The court estimated that the Japanese government should provide 40% of indemnification funds, with the remaining 60% being paid by drug companies, says Le Quotidien du Medecin.
You may also be interested in...
The C-suite leaders schemed to falsely record shipments of unwanted products to distributors as sales so the company could meet revenue projections, the government charged.
Gallium has been approved as a diagnostic agent by the US agency to help early detection of prostate cancer spread in patients who qualify for treatment with surgery or radiation therapy.
A joint report by the US Government Accountability Office and the National Academy of Sciences slams the FDA for dawdling on final software as a medical device rules.