Medtech Insight is part of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

Critical care in England meeting capacity targets:

This article was originally published in Clinica

Executive Summary

There were 3,097 adult critical care beds in England on January 15 2003, according to the latest capacity census of the National Health Service, published today (March 13 2003). This is 735 (31%) more than on January 2000, thus exceeding the 30% target set in the NHS Plan. 2,298 (74%) were located in general care, with the remaining 799 (26%) beds serving specialist units, including cardiothoracic (471), neurological (188) and spinal injury (32). 1,746 (56%) of the beds were being used for intensive care, compared with 1,351 for high-dependency care. The next census will be on July 16 2003.

Advertisement

Topics

Advertisement
UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

MT061481

Ask The Analyst

Please Note: You can also Click below Link for Ask the Analyst
Ask The Analyst

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel