Medtech Insight is part of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

ProMetic gains controlling stake in PRDT

This article was originally published in Clinica

Executive Summary

Biopharmaceutical firm ProMetic Life Sciences has secured a majority stake in Pathogen Removal and Diagnostic Technologies (PRDT) from US emergency response organisation American Red Cross. The non-cash transaction sees ProMetic increase its stake from 26% to 77% in exchange for a tapering royalty on PRDT revenue that will be paid to American Red Cross over an unspecified period of time. The remaining 23% of common stock in PRDT will continue to be held by its academic co-founders. American Red Cross will maintain a position on PRDT’s board of directors. This deal gives ProMetic access to PRDT’s prion capture materials used for blood cell filtration, which are shown to significantly reduce the risk of transmission of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) from blood-derived products.

You may also be interested in...



Alere aided by professional diagnostics sales in fourth quarter

Alere’s professional diagnostics business helped the firm record overall revenue growth in the fourth quarter of 2010, offsetting a fall in influenza-based sales in North America.

Integra and Stout to work on expandable interbody device

Integra LifeSciences has gained exclusive worldwide rights from Stout Medical to develop and commercialise an expandable interbody fusion device.

Gen-Probe eyes portfolio expansion to help boost molecular diagnostics credentials

Gen-Probe recently launched its Panther automated molecular diagnostics system in Europe with the aim of bringing another dimension to its product portfolio. Joseph Harvey met the firm’s CEO, Carl Hull, at the launch of the product in Frankfurt to find how high the firm has set its sights in the molecular diagnostics sector and how it is going to achieve its goals

Topics

UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

OM013626

Ask The Analyst

Please Note: You can also Click below Link for Ask the Analyst
Ask The Analyst

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel